Foam Machine Assistant
FXI has one of the largest and most diverse foam manufacturing and distribution networks in the industry. Our technology traces back to the very beginnings of the polyurethane foam manufacturing industry in the 1950s. From that springboard, we are pioneering ever greater innovations and applications for our amazing material.
Our products are inside, around and under thousands of products that you use every day. As a leading Innovator and Strategic Player in the Home, Healthcare, Electronics, Industrial, Personal Care and Transportation Markets, we offer a challenging and rewarding team-oriented work environment.
We have built a culture of innovation and achievement that is recognized by customers, suppliers and peers.
Join the FXI team!
Work closely with the Chemists in the operation of the foam pouring machine. Assist in the preparation of and involved in machine set up and shutdown procedures.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Performs cleaning operations required to maintain equipment in good operating condition
- Check and maintain proper chemical levels in run tanks
- Adjust chemical flow controls where necessary to obtain proper deliveries
- Prepare and assemble mechanical components required to set up machine for operation
- Involvement in daily breakdown of equipment on foam machine shutdowns
- Transport chemical drums
- Take responsibility for and keep abreast of all changes in product and process. Know how to check for quality problems and where to find the answers.
- Work independently under general direction to set priorities, manage workload, meet deadlines, and accomplish goals even under changing deadlines and with multiple interruptions in order to achieve the highest productivity.
- Sufficient endurance is required to perform the tasks assigned over long periods of time i.e. 12 hours/day and 6 days/wk
- Unload Tank Cars and Tank Trucks if needed.
- Help encourage and maintain good housekeeping, sweeping, emptying trash, etc.
- Assist production supervision as required
- Must qualify for 24 hr. Hazmat Technician including SCBA, airline respirator
- Work with hazardous materials
- Knowledge of computers
- Lift 50 lbs. from floor; crawl, bend, twist, climb, reach overhead, pull, push, walk and stand Climb stairs and ladders and work at heights
- Forklift experience desired or must be trainable
- Communicate in English, legibly and effectively in writing
- Read, understand, and comprehend orders and written communication;
- High School diploma or GED
- Prior manufacturing experience a plus
- Good math skills required
- Read tape measure to the 16th
- Pass post offer drug screen
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short and long term disability protection, a 401(k) plan with company match, tuition assistance, and flexible spending accounts.
Join an industry leader and innovator. FXI is an EEO employer.