FXI has one of the largest and most diverse foam manufacturing and distribution networks in the industry. Our technology traces back to the very beginnings of the polyurethane foam manufacturing industry in the 1950s. From that springboard, we are pioneering ever greater innovations and applications for our amazing material.
Our products are inside, around and under thousands of products that you use every day. As a leading Innovator and Strategic Player in the Home, Healthcare, Electronics, Industrial, Personal Care and Transportation Markets, we offer a challenging and rewarding team-oriented work environment.
We have built a culture of innovation and achievement that is recognized by customers, suppliers and peers. Join the FXI team!
Master Scheduler - Tupelo, MS
PRINCIPLE JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for Inventory Management, ERP Performance, and high level scheduling of master blocks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews sales order and sales history to determine amount of inventory needed to fulfill orders as desired.
- Utilizes the available floor space to maximize material performance and meet customer orders.
- Communicates with Logistics to arrange shipment of material to customer internal and external.
- Arranges in-plant transfer of materials to meet production schedules.
- Computes amount of material required to complete job orders.
- Compiles and maintains manual or computerized records such as material inventory, in process production reports, and status and location of materials.
- Responsible for month end inventory counts and cycle counts.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of floor level system transactions and implementing processes to eliminate errors.
Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail and can develop tools to make work more efficient.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others. Excellent and experienced in Excel/Office. Knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) or equivalent from four-year college or technical school; or 5 to 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Inventory software and Manufacturing software.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short and long term disability protection, a 401(k) plan with company match, tuition assistance, and flexible spending accounts.
FXI is an EEO employer