FXI has one of the largest and most diverse foam manufacturing and distribution networks in the industry. Our technology traces back to the very beginnings of the polyurethane foam manufacturing industry in the 1950s. From that springboard, we are pioneering ever greater innovations and applications for our amazing material.
Our products are inside, around and under thousands of products that you use every day. As a leading Innovator and Strategic Player in the Home, Healthcare, Electronics, Industrial, Personal Care and Transportation Markets, we offer a challenging and rewarding team-oriented work environment.
We have built a culture of innovation and achievement that is recognized by customers, suppliers and peers.
Join the FXI team
Production Supervisor - Baldwyn, MS (2 positions; 1 - 1st Shift, 1 - 2nd Shift)
Primarily responsible for supervising manufacturing leads to meet production schedules and produce products that meet or exceed Quality Systems Regulation (QSR) while maintaining a safe work environment. Provide direction for a team of associates through functional expertise and administration of those responsibilities.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and follow all Standard Operating Procedures to meet or exceed the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Instill and drive employee engagement, and company Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Follow all applicable safety/housekeeping guidelines.
- Responsible for departmental safety, quality, productivity, and efficiency.
- Schedules, assigns, and monitors work. Analyzes manufacturing requirements, prepares production schedule, and distributes work assignments according priorities and workers availability.
- Confer with interdepartmental personnel to discuss production procedures and resolve problems.
- Review work orders, product specifications, and technical instructions to determine facility requirements, and requisitions tools, equipment and supplies to meet production goals.
- Examine product for defects, utilizing knowledge of manufacturing and quality standards, to ensure conformance to product specifications.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Demonstrate work methods, such as machine setup, wire routing, assembly, inspection sequence, repair, and test equipment operation.
- May be responsible for preventive maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Maintain employee time and production records.
- Instill and drive Employee Engagement and support of Mission, Vision and Values
- Responsible for selection, training, assignment, discipline, review, and appraisal of employees.
- May work on special projects/assignments upon request.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION:
- Requires a minimum of high school diploma or equivalent. AAS or BS degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve production related problems.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Minimum 2 yrs. experience in a supervisory capacity supervising up to 25 employees in a manufacturing environment.
- Requires experience with, or knowledge of, lean manufacturing processes.
- Requires effective interpersonal skills and behaviors conducive to a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft applications with an emphasis in Excel.
- Must have a positive customer service attitude.
- Must be able to manage multiple processes simultaneously.
- Must be available to work any shift including overtime as required.
We offer a competitive wage and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) plan with company match, tuition assistance, and flexible spending accounts.
FXI is an EEO employer