FXI has one of the largest and most diverse foam manufacturing and distribution networks in the industry. Our technology traces back to the very beginnings of the polyurethane foam manufacturing industry in the 1950s. From that springboard, we are pioneering ever greater innovations and applications for our amazing material.
Our products are inside, around and under thousands of products that you use every day. As a leading Innovator and Strategic Player in the Home, Healthcare, Electronics, Industrial, Personal Care and Transportation Markets, we offer a challenging and rewarding team-oriented work environment.
We have built a culture of innovation and achievement that is recognized by customers, suppliers and peers.
Join the FXI team!
This position provides technical support needed to execute the required production plan. This position requires strong leadership in the area of safe plant operation and adherence to Safety rules and policies. This position provides technical leadership to the operations team. This position plays an important role in optimizing fixed and variable unit costs, and works with other support groups like Maintenance to leverage site resources as efficiently as possible. This position is instrumental in leading troubleshooting efforts with site electrical and instrumentation issues when problems arise. This position is a solution and innovation provider.
- Designs and improves processes, layouts, and specifies tools and equipment to achieve cost reductions and improve safety, quality, and overall equipment reliability; conferring with equipment vendors and soliciting observations from operators.
- Provides analysis and resolution of repetitive equipment failures.
- Effectively deals with emergencies, unplanned problems and equipment repairs.
- Adapts maintenance tools and procedures to improve equipment utilization and reliability, monitoring and controlling maintenance costs.
- Performs programming on new and existing PLC’s.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures, requesting special service as needed.
- Works with vendors to source parts and to substitute OEM parts with more economical options, designing and testing improved parts, updating older electronics that are no longer supported by manufacturers to improve equipment functionality.
- Manages capital projects including identifying scope, specifications, design, cost, milestones, and oversees installation as well as the start-up and de-bugging of new equipment for the production process.
- Provides leadership, coaching and direction to shift technicians in all aspects of their work.
- Leads continuous improvement efforts using lean manufacturing principles.
- Provides Quality review for documentation changes to engineering prints, maintenance and manufacturing work instructions, ensuring that manufacturing and proper engineering practices are followed.
- Participates as a functional member of new product development teams, ensuring the application of appropriate design controls, providing technical assistance, and assuring the complete application of validation activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering or a related discipline or, an equivalent combination of work experience, training and/or education may be considered.
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years in manufacturing shop floor experience.
- Must have prior project management experience.
- Experience in fluid management and processes required.
- Must have demonstrated machine and equipment troubleshooting skills.
- Must have knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts, continuous improvement and problem solving methodologies.
- Proficient in Computer applications; specifically MS Office, SolidWorks, Autocad, Manufacturing software, SAP system, Allen/Bradley PLC’s to include: SLC-500 and 5000, and Micro-logics
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% to support other facilities if needed.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short and long term disability protection, a 401(k) plan with company match, tuition assistance, and flexible spending accounts.
Join an industry leader and innovator.
FXI is an EEO employer