FXI is a leading producer of foam innovation for the Home, Healthcare, Electronics, Industrial, Personal Care and Transportation Markets. Our products include finished goods, sub-assemblies, services and raw materials for OEMs, fabricators and retailers. You will find FXI's foam innovations inside, around and under yourself in countless applications. We protect automobile passengers on the highway and fragile electronic components in shipment. We help consumers sleep sounder and furniture manufacturers create comfort. We provide for sharper images in digital printers and copiers and help consumers keep their homes clean. We provide critical components for filters, dispensers, gaskets and seals in everything from blood oxygenators to computer disk drives. To discover where FXI really shines, bring your wish list to our design and technical teams and imagine the possibilities in foam innovation.
SCOPE OF ACCOUNTABILITY
We are currently looking for a strong Regional HR Director to join our HR Team. This position is reporting to the VP of HR Operations and serves as a lead business partner to the regional leadership team. The ideal candidate will be responsible to ensure the implementation and execution of human resources strategies to support the business in the region. The Regional HR Director has two direct reports, located in plant sites. Current plant locations are Kent, WA; Portland, OR; San Leandro, CA; Orange, CA and a distribution center in Denver, CO.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic counsel and hands-on creation of organizational effectiveness and change management initiatives. Continuously drive initiatives designed to build stronger employee engagement, greater alignment and performance.
- Coach, develop and lead plant human resources leads and provide functional expertise, utilizing enterprise centers of excellence and resources when needed.
- Assess and develop local human resources teams to ensure high caliber of talent and strong client relationships.
- Own the performance review process for region and ensure ratings are calibrated to actual performance as well as compensation recommendations support pay for performance.
- Lead regional succession planning and talent review process and ensure action plans are executed to address bench strength and performance gaps.
- Lead talent acquisition strategy and processes, and develop/coach regional and plant leaders in selection processes ensuring top talent selection and exceptional candidate experience.
- Serve as the human resources lead in all union contract negotiations and labor disputes, as applicable (currently Orange, CA).
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- BS Degree required; HR Certification preferred.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) language skills preferred.
- Minimum ten years human resources experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment including minimum two years leadership experience
- Strong generalist background with direct knowledge and experience in progressive, best practice environments.
- Experience in labor negotiations highly preferred.
- Proven ability to lead and drive change initiatives.
- Outstanding business acumen; experience serving as business partner to client groups in a proactive, problem solving manner.
DESIRABLE TRAITS AND SKILLS
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and leadership skills with the ability to lead a team motivate the group and manage a diverse workforce.
- Results oriented; eager to drive tasks and projects through to completion. Able to deal with pressures and timelines inherent in a fast paced company.
- Ability to quickly assess the situation at the plant and have an impact on the direction of improvements.
- Ability to function as a strong leader, bringing the people leadership perspective while promoting cross-functional alignment to achieve key company goals.
- Flexible and adaptable style; comfortable navigating through ambiguity.
- Mature, engaging communicator; able to set measurable goals and expectations and hold team members accountable for results.
- Strong, self-confident, decisive leader with excellent listening skills, emotional maturity and ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
FXI is an EEO employer